What are YOUR Super Powers?
Super Powers are sometimes bestowed upon you.
- What do people always tell you, you are good at?
- What do people always rely on you for?
- What would be missing from a team if you were absent?
My Super Hero is “The Uluminator” – The one who brings light everywhere she goes. When I was leaving my corporate role, one of the employees said, “Who will bring the light once you are gone?” This was before I was even aware of my Super Hero Name, but my powers were already felt by others. This is the thing…people around you know your Super Powers even if you have yet to claim them.
Super Powers are who you LOVE Being
The good thing about Super Powers is they are already within you, there is nothing you have to do to create them. But you do have to activate them, own them and share them.
- Think about who you are being when you are being your best self.
- Think about who you are being when you are most jazzed/excited passionate.
- Think about what lights you up.
Super Powers are based on your Strengths
Chances are if you can remember what you were naturally good at as a child, you will be reminded of your Super Powers.
- Were you the kid who loved Adventure:The Adventurer
- Were you the kid who always loved to play Doctor/Nurse:The Healer or Nurturer
- Were you the kid who always brought peace:The Peace-inator
From Fantasy to Real Life
From a leadership perspective, how powerful would it be to lead from your Super Power each and every day? And even more important, how powerful would it be if each of your team members led from their Super Powers? .
- What is your Leadership Mission:Every Super Hero has a mission.Wonder Woman fights for truth, justice, love and gender equality.When you know your mission, you fight for it.Does your team have a mission worth fighting for?
- A Super Hero knows who they need on their team:You can’t fight every battle alone and you can’t be good at everything.So, what Super Powers do you need on your team and who has them?
- Super Hero’s need space to be powerful:As a leader have you created the space for your people to use their Super Powers?If not, you are breaking the rules of Super Hero’s.Know yourself, know others and always use your powers for the good of all.